Murcia 2018

Some photos from a short stopover in Murcia

Madrid 2018

Some photos from a visit to Madrid before deciding to move there.

Granada 2018

Arran 2018

Photos from a short family holiday on the Isle of Arran


#100days Conclusion

So my second #100days challenge comes to an end, and I would say it was another success.

I maybe wasn't quite so strict with it as last time - I may have taken 101 days and what I did on each day varied quite a lot, but I now have 100 updates and achieved quite a lot in that time.

Let's take a look at some of the bigger things I worked on over those 100 days

Website Update

I launched the redesign and rebuild of my website. It's now a Next.js app, and I am super happy with how it looks and Next.js seems like the perfect choice for me and is only getting better with each update.

There are definitely still plenty of potential improvements to be made, but in general I'm really happy with how it turned out.

The montly and yearly summary pages are really fun and I'm happy with the overabundance of feeds that I now have available.

PostrChild Extension

Although I've still not got around to releasing version 2 of the PostrChild extension I have put a lot of work into and it is very nearly feature complete.

It's definitely much better and feature filled than the first version but there are a few little bugs to iron out before declaring it ready to be published.

Home Automation Improvements

I also made a decent amount of random home automation improvements over these 100 days, including tracking my weight, better person presence tracking, more light, motion and temperature sensors.

All in all it was a great success!

I will definitely continue with a lot of the projects I have been working on, but I think I will take a break for a while and do something else with my spare time - I think there are some unplayed video games that are calling out to me!

P.S. Also big shoutout to my fellow Kinsta coworkers who have also complete their 100 days of blogging!

#100days 99 - Converted the alignment functionality in the PostrChild extension to be more reusable. It's now a higher order component that can be wrapped around blocks as needed.

#100days 98 - Also added better code block support to the PostrChild extension and improved how code blocks are shown on my site too.

#100days 97 - Applying what I figured out yesterday I added audio and video pasting support to the PostrChild extension.

I think I could be close to having it feature complete by the end of this #100days challenge

#100days 96 - Got pasting images working in the PostrChild extension. Now that is figured out it should be easy to do the same thing for video and audio files.